FDC (UK) Ltd (“FDC”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on the FDC website, speak to a member of our team or interact by any other method with FDC.
What personal information does FDC Collect?
FDC collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly or through your use of our website, for example;
- Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you complete our contact page or register for a trading account with us. This may include your name and contact details, your company details and information about your role in the company.
- Transaction, billing and delivery information when you make a purchase with us.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send an email, fax or letter. Please note that if you telephone us, all calls are recorded for quality and staff training purposes.
- If you interact with one of our sales team or agents in person, at our offices or within your company premises.
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you may have shared via a public platform such as a Twitter feed, Public Facebook page or Instagram post.
Length of Time information will be held
In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations, your details will only be kept for the shortest time required. This will vary according to the type of data being held.
How we’ll use your information
FDC uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer services team
- To send you marketing messages on latest products or offers, where we have your consent
- To inform you of pricing or product changes as and when necessary
Sharing data with third parties
FDC may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners in order to operate our business. These include IT and delivery providers.
FDC only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to FDC and to you, and for no other purposes.
FDC may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of FDC, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
FDC will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will not sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments
- Government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders
What does FDC do to protect your personal information
FDC is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include;
- Encryption of data
- Assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data
- Security controls which protect the entire IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees
How to access, update, correct or delete your personal information
Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access, correct and request the deletion of your personal data and FDC will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
All requests for access to or alteration of your personal details must be made in writing to;
Data Protection Officer
FDC (UK) Ltd,
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
This privacy statement was last updated in May 2018.